During the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the BC Association of Farmers’ Markets (BCAFM) is helping member markets move to an online model to continue providing consumers with locally grown and prepared food products. See which markets have launched online here and find out what's happening locally and how you can help below:
Esquimalt Farmers Market
- They will operate as scheduled, but with a limited number of food and soap vendors, only. Shopping procedures at the market will be modified, to comply with social distancing and public health protocols. The Market will not be operating as its usual fun, vibrant self, but it will be there for you to buy food and essentials.
- Introducing Localline! EFM has just launched its new localline ordering site, an online marketplace to shop from local farmers, food producers and artisans in one easy transaction! Read our latest newsletter for all the details.
- A gentle reminder that if you are attending Esquimalt Farmers Market you:
- Attend as a single person from your family (dependants welcomed when that is the option)
- You order from Vendors in advance whenever possible (preorders should pick up between 6-7pm) www.esquimaltmarket.com
- Should keep mingling to a minimum
- Should leave pets at home as they are not allowed in the Market
- Should be respectful of the 6ft spacing when moving throughout the Market to other Vendors
- Are welcomed to provide feedback💓 Thank you to all of the Vendors making the efforts to feed folks and all of the shoppers who believe in the necessity of supporting local food.
James Bay Market
- The James Bay Community Market is offering a wide variety of produce and food. Come and visit them on Saturdays from 9 am to 3 pm.
Moss St. Market
- They are are open Saturdays from 10-2 at their locations in Porter Park and Brooke Street Park! Please note: while most of their vendors take debit/credit there will be NO ATM on site
Do you know about their curb-side pick up? Shop localline.ca/moss-street-market and pick up your pre-paid order at the Thurlow Street drive-way on the Sir James Douglas School grounds. You'll find their market just behind that pick up area in Porter Park and further down the road at Brooke Street Park (kitty-corner from Porter Park).
The Mason St Downtown Edible Nursery and Farm Stand is OPEN! Come down and get your essentials.
Oaklands Sunset Market
- They will be opening a modified Oaklands Sunset Market from July 8th - Sept 2nd!!! Every Wednesday from 4:30-8:30pm they will be hosting a selection of Farm & Food Vendors to help you get the tasty treats that you deserve!!
Sidney St. Market
- Each Saturday until October 10th from 8am - 12pm!
Goldstream Farmers Market
- Back for the season June 6th - October 10th 10am - 1pm!