Farms & Nurseries
So many of our local businesses are struggling right now and need our help! Here’s some information about our local farms and nurseries, and how you can support them:
CRFAIR's Resource Page
- Check out CRFAIR’s resource page to find out the latest Food & Farm Systems COVID19 Impact and more information about the following:
- They are now selling their Spring Salad Greens Veggie Box!
- Do you want locally grown Spring salad greens delivered right to your door? Delivered via e-bike (Sidney, North Saanich, Central Saanich) or vehicle (Greater Victoria Area).
Babe’s Honey Farm
- Orders are now being taken at the door and brought to the till by their staff.
- They have put their farm tours and workshops on hold and are no longer inviting customers into the farms, but are taking orders from customers that can be picked up in the farm driveway area.
Would you like to become a customer too? Msg or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open for business and providing home delivery and door drop off if you are currently taking self isolation precautions. Berryman Brothers are taking preventative precautions to ensure the health and safety of their staff and customers.
City’s Edge Farm
- Check out their farmstand Thursdays from 4 - 7pm!
- Sign up for a weekly (or biweekly) box of produce with City’s Edge, delivered May – Oct.
- Plant sales occasionally at their roadside stand at 3972 Holland Ave., check their social media for updates.
- Find out more at:
Devine Distillery & Winery
- Now offering FREE DELIVERY to Greater Victoria via Special Cases™️ by Tesla Tours #poweredbythesun. Call 250-665-6983 or email email@example.com to get your orders in!
They have joined the growing team of BC distillers producing hand sanitizer to help fight the fight, with all of it being donated to VIHA. www.devinevineyards.ca
6181B Old West Saanich Rd,
The Fickle Fig Farm Market
- Open 7am-5pm. Feel free to call ahead at (778) 426-0032 and they can put an order aside for you to pick up at your convenience. They even offer car drop off, so you don't need to come inside.
- Now open for dinner! Late spring menu in rotation. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday 5:00pm - 7:30pm. Take out or dine in. New menu each week.
Fireweed Farm & School + Ravensong Seeds
- Sadly they will be closing their nursery for now.
- They have returned to the Sunday Bastion Square market after a 6 year hiatus. Come get your fresh local tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, lettuce and much more! All grown at their farm in Saanich. See you there on Sundays between 11:00 am & 4:30 pm.
Haliburton Community Organic Farm
- Become a Haliburton Farm Member! They are working to implement an online platform to service both Market and Wholesale customers, but this has proven to be quite costly and time consuming. By purchasing a Haliburton Membership, you will be helping to implement new systems as well as purchase products which help Customers and Farmers keep their distance.
Memberships at $30 for a single and $50 for a family. If you are keen, send them a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also now find their produce at Moss St. Market Saturdays!
- They've reopened their farm stand (11293 Chalet Rd). Not much on it at the moment, but they will keep it stocked with eggs, beets, mixed salad greens, flowers and other items as they grow! Happy to except etransfers to email@example.com for your purchases, if you prefer that to cash. You can also find them at the Moss St Market (Saturday's from 10 - 1) and our green's at Thrifty Foods and at Market on Yates.
Littlest Acre Organics
- Their farm stand is still open many days from 10 am – 6 pm, check their social media for the latest and sign up for their farm CSA here.
- They’re online! They will not be attending markets yet but you can buy their products through LocalLine and pick up at Moss Street Market or at the Farm Saturdays. Go to localline.ca/moss-street-market
- 5650 Oldfield Rd,
- Purchase thier produce at The Root Cellar, Thrifty Foods, SPUD and other grocery stores
The Market Garden
- Normal business hours (8 am – 8 pm) for the public.
For those self isolating, they have started a daily pickup and delivery service. Get your grocery list ready and call (250) 384-7023 to get in the queue. They’ll call you back when available and get your groceries with you on the phone!
Mason Street City Farm
- It's officially summer and that means their Nursery is closing down for the season and selling off as many plants as they can - ALL for just $2 each!! They still have a great selection (tomatoes, peppers, squash, culinary herbs, greens and more!) and their Farmstand will be stocked with lots of green goodness. Come on down Wed-Fri 10-6 pm, 1015 Balmoral Rd. Cash or credit accepted!
Michell’s Farm Market
- Now open 7 days a week, 9am - 4pm!
Michell Valley Plants
- Michell Valley Plants will remain open, open Wed to Sun 10am to 4pm; and closed Monday & Tuesday (to recuperate and restock).
- 2451 Island View Rd,
- Saanichton, BC
The Plot Market Garden
- CSA boxes available! Check out their website for more info.
Ravenhill Herb Farm
- Returning to Moss St. Market each Saturday!
Northbrook farm stand is open!
Produce will be out from 9:30am until 7pm, every Tuesday and Sunday.
The stand is self serve, you can pay with exact cash or e-transfers. Selection is limited as this is still the shoulder season but please stop by to pick up some salad greens, kale, cilantro and collards! More selection will be added as the season picks up! Located at the end of the driveway on Mt Newton. Please respect social distancing when shopping at the stand and thank you for supporting local farmers!
Saanich Native Plants
- They're re-opening the native plant nursery Tuesday June 2nd with their regular hours of 9am to 4pm Tuesday to Saturday. They have some restrictions due to Covid so please be sure to check their website:
Sea Cider Farm & Ciderhouse
- As they open their Tasting Room and make adjustments for Phase Two, they will also be changing their delivery services. 🍎
They will continue to offer FREE local delivery within 25km of the Ciderhouse on Tuesdays and Fridays. Please place your order before 2pm, orders will be delivered between 4pm - 6:30pm. 🍎
They are excited to be offering a selection of picnic packs. These are the perfect outing for a weekend brunch or afternoon date! Grab some cider to go with your picnic when you pick it up at the Ciderhouse! 🥂
Picnics must be ordered by 3pm the day prior through our online store: https://sea-cider-farm-ciderhouse.square.site
Reservations are required for tastings at this time, please make a reservation when you purchase your picnic or take it to go. Please call us at 250-544-4824 to make a reservation.
Check out their online store here: https://sea-cider-farm-ciderhouse.square.site
Make your order at www.seacider.ca
2487 Mount Saint Michael Rd,
Sun Trio Farm
- They have put together a delivery service and are processing their numerous orders. Deliveries will be made Wednesdays (please place order by Monday evening), with a minimum charge of $50 and pick up orders can be placed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find their produce at the James Bay, Moss and peninsula country market every Saturday!
TOPSOIL - Innovative Urban Agriculture
- On-site market opening April 17th!! In addition to their gourmet greens, you'll be able to find farm fresh eggs, cherry tomatoes and Cafe Fantastico coffee.
Tues - Sat: 10 am - 4 pm
Sun & Mon: Closed
Green Fire Farm
- A certified organic mixed farm in the Cowichan Valley that sells their vegetables, fruit, and meat at the Esquimalt Farmers’ Market and to wholesale customers, including restaurants. This year they are also offering a community-supported agriculture (CSA) program.
Their classic CSA and farm-carts can be picked up at the Esquimalt Market or Victoria area neighbourhood depots, or be delivered to customers’ homes in most areas of Esquimalt and Victoria. They will also be using Local Line this year, so customers can pre-order their products for pick-up at the Esquimalt Market.
Find more information here.
ALM Organic Farm & Full Circle Seeds
- ALM Organic Farm is a 15 acre organic farm located in Sooke on Vancouver Island.
- They sell their seeds as Full Circle Seeds, online, by mail or phone, at the Moss Street Market in Victoria and at their farm market below.
- They are selling at Moss Street Market and also have little farm market on Tuesdays from 4 to 6 and Saturdays 10 to noon at the farm in Sooke